hoe version 2.14.0 has been released!
Published 2012-02-20 @ 21:24
Hoe is a rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It helps you manage and maintain, and release your project and includes a dynamic plug-in system allowing for easy extensibility. Hoe ships with plug-ins for all your usual project tasks including rdoc generation, testing, packaging, and deployment.
See class rdoc for help. Hint:
ri Hoe or any of the plugins listed
For extra goodness, see: http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/hoe/Hoe.pdf
2.14.0 / 2012-02-20
9 minor enhancements:
- .rdoc files are now automatically added to the extra_rdoc_files list.
- Added Hoe#read_manifest
- Added check_manifest to the prerelease task to prevent broken releases.
- Added extra duplicate dependency checking.
- Hoe#with_config merges the local and home configuration atop Hoe::DEFAULT_CONFIG to allow plugins to supply new defaults.
- The readme_file and history_file are now automatically guessed from the manifest. This allows “README.rdoc” to be used automatically.
- install_gem optionally excludes rdoc/ri generation.
- rake check_extra_deps excludes rdoc/ri generation. rake install_gem does not.
- rake multi now just reinvokes rake using multiruby to allow hoe plugins to be invoked.
3 bug fixes:
- Added workaround for check_extra_deps for multi-version dependencies.
- The publish plugin no longer raises an exception for missing or ancient versions of rdoc.
- rdoc plugin calls isolate if using isolate