hoe version 1.5.0 has been released!
Published 2008-01-31 @ 00:48
Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation, testing, packaging, and deployment.
- announce - Generate email announcement file and post to rubyforge.
- audit - Run ZenTest against the package
- check_manifest - Verify the manifest
- clean - Clean up all the extras
- config_hoe - Create a fresh ~/.hoerc file
- debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
- default - Run the default tasks
- docs - Build the docs HTML Files
- email - Generate email announcement file.
- gem - Build the gem file only.
- install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
- install_gem - Install the package as a gem
- multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
- package - Build all the packages
- post_blog - Post announcement to blog.
- post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
- publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
- release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
- ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
- test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the command line.
- test_deps - Show which test files fail when run alone.
- uninstall - Uninstall the package.
See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe
1.5.0 / 2008-01-30
9 Minor Enhancements:
- Added autopopulation of changes from History.txt.
- Added autopopulation of urls from History.txt.
- Added autopopulation of description from History.txt
- Added autopopulation of summary from description.
- Added description_sections to declare what sections of readme to use.
- Added summary_sentences to declare how many sentences you want in summary.
- Added developer(name, email) to cleanly populate both author/email arrays.
- author and email now default to “doofus”.
- author and email warn that they’ll blow up on 2008-04-01.