Here are the guts of the Compaq Aero
Most of these photos are about 60k in size.
Thank Javier Hernadez for providing these photos and Brandon Hines for
scanning them in.
- aero01.jpg General view inside of the Aero
- aero02.jpg Tools used for disassembly, note
the COMPAQ special tool.
- aero03.jpg Inside the Aero screen area.
- aero06.jpg Releasing the mouse cable
from the motherboard.
- aero07.jpg General view inside the Aero
- aero08.jpg Inside view from the HD side.
- aero10.jpg Side view with keyboard
- aero11.jpg Removing keyboard connectors.
- aero12.jpg Removing HD. In the picture
Javi is lifting first the right side (as you seen in the picture).
WARNING This is after having disconected the HD from the system board.
- aero13.jpg Inside view without HD.
- aero14.jpg View of the HD (810MB) with the
bracket attached before installing in the aero.