ZenTest version 3.9.3 has been released!
Published 2008-06-07 @ 22:37
ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff, autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.
ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.
unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.
autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the corresponding dependent tests.
multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great for compatibility checking!
Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.
3.9.3 / 2008-06-09
12 minor enhancements:
- Added $RUBY env support to autotest so you can swap what ruby to run.
- Added ALL_HOOKS array to autotest for hook devs.
- Added EXCLUDED_VERSIONS to multiruby. Integrated with hoe.
- Added miniunit compatibility to unit_diff’s output.
- Multiruby now determines the latest versions 1.8/1.9 automatically.
- Removed deprecated :run hook.
- Fixed zentest_assertions to be compatible with miniunit. Will phase out.
- Minor autotest plugin cleanup / fixes.
- Moved assert_callback to test/rails/test_case.rb
- Reversed assert_includes’ arguments.
- Updated requirements info for other ruby impls.
- util_capture now returns strings, not iostrings.
1 bug fixes:
(add remove)_(mappings exceptions) now all return nil to help fix autotest hooks.