I like computers. I really do. I have all my life. Remember the one kid who would push ANY button, even the big red one in the department store labeled “Fire” or something like that? That was me. I started using computers in the third grade in my elementary school library. It was an Apple II. First it was just games, then it was other educational stuff, then it was everything I could get my hands on. By the time I was in the 6th grade, I had a fairly good exposure to the Apple series including the IIgs (I think) and some exposure to DOS via some of my friends. I had even done a bit of Logo and BASIC programming on the Apple. That was probably my doom.
Then around December in the 6th grade, my dad bought me a Macintosh 512. My first computer ever. I spent ALL of my time on it. Since then I have used a lot of computers. I am writing this document to simply list all the machines that I have owned. It may not be complete, as my memory is definately not.
- 512k Macintosh - NoName? - (1985-12 to 1989-??)
- Macintosh SE - Insomniac - (1989-?? to 1993-??)
- Macintosh Powerbook 160 - Gargoyle - (1993-?? to 1996-06)
- PowerTower Pro 225 - Envy - (1996-06 to 1998-12)
- Macintosh Powerbook G3 - Pride - (1998-12 to Current)
- SGI Indy - Lust - (1997-03 to Current)
- FreeBSD/P3 - Greed - (1999-07 to Current)
- FreeBSD/P3 - Vanity - (1999-10 to Current)
Besides the systems that I have owned I have a lot of experience with many different systems, mainly in UNIX and Macintosh, but several others I don’t use as much:
- DEC UNIX
- Dynix (very little experience)
I am also planning on going rackmount very soon for all my UNIX systems.